Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fish is not the enemy

As most of you know I have a love -hate relationship with fish. I just love to hate it or maybe it loves to hate me. Whatever the reason {or who ever hates who} I have to admit talapia was my friend last night. I knocked it out of the ballpark with my recipe for fish tacos last night. Let's break it down for you:

This recipe was adapted from Eating Well {however, I made it my way}

Grilled Fish Tacos


Adobo-Rubbed Fish

  • 4 teaspoons chili powder, preferably made with New Mexico or ancho chiles (see Note)
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 2 pounds mahi-mahi or Pacific halibut (see Note), 1/2-3/4 inch thick, skinned and cut into 4 portions   I used talapia 

Coleslaw

  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 3 cups finely shredded red or green cabbage {it was less than 3 cups}


Okay, you can tell I omitted ALOT of the coleslaw, too me it was not needed. I made it simple, I added greek yogurt to the recipe instead, it still had the same taste but minus all the fat. I have made it in the past as the recipe calls for but I like my version better. It's simple and healthier.



Warm corn tortilla, hot sauce, some homemade guacamole, tomato, & onions as toppings. D-lish!!

Do you like fish tacos? If so, what kind?  

Have a foodilicious day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment