Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shh...it's in the sauce.

Sauces make the dish. Specifically, if it's a dish consiting of mainly sauce no vegetables, no fruit, nothing else but sauce and meat, you want it to be spectacular.

 Last night, I tried my hand on a simmer sauce that I purchased from Trader Joe. Enter the beautiful jar purchased at my local Trader Joes (smile for the camera):



And now making it's debut the dish that held hands with the above sauce.



The recipe itself is very simple. Add 1 cup of water and chicken to sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Easy and Simple!! 

The lowdown on this dish is that the sauce was too watered down. It tasted too much like I just poured tomato sauce out of the can on my rice and chicken. It had flavor but not enough to keep me interested. When expecting masala, I want something rich and thick to satisfy my taste buds.  I was asked, would you attempt again if you were to add less water (okay, so what if i was the one that asked myself)? The jury is still out on that one.

.Not exactly a food fail as it was still tasty enough to consume. 

Have a foodilicious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment