Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Did I say fried?

I love eating fried cheese sticks. YIKES!! Did I admit that out loud or worse in print?  Yes, I did. Now, don't get me wrong I don't eat this type of stuff daily (ha, ha, can you imagine?) I don't even eat it weekly but once in a while when I am eating out, I am in the mood for some gooey, cheesy goodness, enter the famous fried mozzarella stick. 

Don't they look d-lish?? 



Well of course, I was on a quest to try to find a healthier option for these suckers so that I could possibly make at home, more often.  I saw a recipe via pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.

Ingredients: Egg roll wrappers & light string cheese. 




Step 1: Wrap the string cheese tightly around the cheese stick and brush with olive oil. 

Step 2: Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Allright, so they don't look like the yummy goodness of the cheese sticks above, but that's not the point right? Right?  Please say right and make me feel better.  AWWWW thanks!!  Well, these were a FOOD FAIL!!  They did not taste good, were too crispy for my taste (although, I am sure most of you are thinking, duh what did you think egg rolls were going to do?) My goal was to obtain the desired fried cheese sticks not an egg roll mess. 

Back to the drawing board.  
Have you tried making a healthy fried version of an appetizer? If so which ones and how did it turn out?

Have a foodilious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment