Friday, July 8, 2011

Don't forget to add the salsa

Salsa (which if you say it really fast or with a thick accent, is truly hysterical) is a fabulous garnish to an abundance of food dishes.  If you notice yesterday, I topped my salsa on this.  D-lish!!  The salsa came straight from good ol' Martha Stewart (shocking, I know, I didn't use a Food Network recipe). I receive her Everyday FOOD in the mail and when I saw her salsa recipe in her June edition, I knew I had to attempt for my Mahi Taco night. 

Ingredients: 2 plum beefsteak tomatoes, 1 med onion, 3 garlic cloves and 3 jalapenos.


The recipe itself called for 1 white onion, as you can see from the first picture those were NOT white. I know cardinal rule, follow your recipe to the best of your ability, however, in my defense, I did buy a white onion which when I went to use was ROTTEN & MOLDY-ewww!!!

Moving away from the moldy onion, the recipe itself was super easy!! I used only 2 jalapenos, for fear of a too hot to handle spicy salsa for the common folk, aka dining companions, aka WEAKLINGS!!!

Back to the salsa, it was not the BEST salsa that I had eaten (and damn those pictures made it look like it would be the best, ha ha, I got suckered) but again in my defense, well really Martha's, she did tell me to use a white onion and 3 jalapenos. Having said that, I will attempt again with the proper ingredients because salsa is just too damn important!!

What's your favorite type of salsa? Store bought or homemade!!!

Have a foodilious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment