Friday, February 24, 2012

Is it just seafood??

I have another confession to make. Yes, you get another one of my little secrets. One that again, I am not proud of but I have to be honest. My first confession was a shocker..hard to admit.  This time the confession is all about the tuna. Yes, I do not like tuna. I can't really stand the smell; then again, not sure too many people are in love with the fishy smell either. I am not a fan of the taste. So, I'm thinking to myself...it is just seafood?? Maybe I'm prejudice against those sea creatures.

I'm sure most of you are thinking, then just don't eat the freaking thing. or maybe your thinking...yeah right you call yourself a health nut. I am thinking the same thing as well, but I do know the health benefits. So, I eat it, grin it & bear it.  However, even having said that I have to tell you about my AMAZING tuna fish sandwich recipe that I made the other day.  It has in my book, redeemed itself...oh d-lish!!!


Sorry sideways sandwich


 The recipe as follows:

2 100% whole wheat slices of bread
1/2 cup Tuna
Enough avocado to smear on both sides of the bread
Sauteed bell peppers & onions
1 tbs lemon juice {or less if you don't like it to be too lemon-y}
1 tbs Mexican shredded cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
I sauteed my bell peppers & onions on the foreman beforehand
I slathered both sides of bread with avocado
One side of the bread had the tuna with lemon juice, salt & pepper mix on it
The other side had the bell pepper mix.
Top it with the shredded cheese

Place slices together & grill until desired.

YUM!!!  Have a foodilicious day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment