Thursday, February 23, 2012

Munch & go

A couple of days ago, I tweeted all about this. So, today is the day!! The day you all have been waiting for {yeah, right}. The day to bring all your worries and stresses to rest. Allright, so it's not THAT dramatic but it could be for someone, somewhere. Right?!! Whatever!!!

I know you have all been wondering, how the heck can I get the perfect protein bar mix without all the sugar? Don't get me wrong, I love protein bars {for the most part}. Take a look. 

I thought since I made this homemade, why not give making a protein bar a try.  This it the recipe that I tried.
Recipe via Healthy Green Kitchen



These are the items I omitted:
The honey or maple syrup & the fruit (didn't want it too sweet)


And this is what I got: 



Right!!!  So, you are wondering.. "um, this does NOT look anything like that gorgeous picture above"  right!!   Um, yeah that didn't work out as planned, it wouldn't hold together. Not sure what it was, but I do know it was too moist to hold well...awe well, it became the perfect little grab and go munch. Or you can make it into a granola type of breakfast. Also, add it to your greek yogurt or cottage cheese.

At any rate, I would completely make this again but maybe I would make it into little protein balls instead, or try to figure out why it didn't hold together.  It was d-lish, for sure!! 


Have a foodilicous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment