Thursday, January 5, 2012

Asperabuss

No, that's not a new vegetable, it's just the way my 21 month old says asparagus.  Asparagus is a funny vegetable because it has to be cooked just right in order for most to enjoy. I love asparagus but that wasn't always the case so it has gotten me some time as well to get used to the taste & texture.   Since, it's a very healthy option for a side dish, I decided to experiment with a different recipe so that all can enjoy.

Enter Parmesan crunchy asparagus spears.

Disclaimer: Excuse all my blackberry shots for now, I am still working on utilizing my "real" camera for blog post pictures.

My prep work, I made sure to use whole wheat flour and I also didn't utilize the entire amount of cheese that the recipe calls for.

Final product

These were pretty good, Very crunchy which really takes away from the asparagus normal texture. My son loved them and we decided to call them chips because they crunched like them and it worked to get him to eat them.  SCORE!!   This is definitely NOT a food fail. Next time, I will try to make them crunchier. 


Have a foolicious day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment