Friday, January 27, 2012

It's getting hot in here...

One of the things I love about my Middle Eastern heritage is the food. If you haven't tried Middle Eastern food, you are missing out.  There are so many d-lish dishes out there it's hard to pick a favorite. However, if I were to choose my favorite dip it would have to be hummus. I love hummus!! I grew up eating my mother's homemade hummus almost every Sunday as part of our brunch. Yum!! 

     These days I don't get to eat homemade as much as I would like so I thought I would share with you some store bough brands that I have tried.

 The first one I have tried is Sabra Spicy Hummus. Basically, it was hummus with a dollop of spicy hot sauce in the middle. The hummus itself didn't have the spice, just that certain spot. It was pretty tasty. I would definitely recommend and will get again. This is how I enjoyed it in my meal.




 



 The second one I tried was Athenos hummus. This one was extremely bland and tasteless. I tried to add a dollop of hot sauce and olive oil, it did not help. I got the plain flavor and maybe that's why so I am thinking of trying the garlic but not sure I want to spend the money.  



Do you have a favorite brand of hummus?  Do share!!
Have a foodilicious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment