Thursday, February 9, 2012

So in love...

I didn't thing I would be more in love, but I am....my healthy obsession has turned into an even healthier obsession. Love when that happens!! Yesterday, I mentioned that I talked a little bit about this and today I am here to tell you ALL about it.

I started wtih some of these guys:

Plain Almonds

I, then added a little bit of this:

Sea Salt


Decided it wasn't creamy enough, so I added some of this:

Companion Toasted Sesame oil
And voila ended up with this:


At first it was a bit grainy and tasted like burnt almonds. My suggestion is do not cook the almonds for more than 10 minutes, I did 15 and I think that was too much. The recipe itself called for cocounut oil, if you need to make it smooth but all I had was sesame oil and I felt that would be a better bet because it still was in the nut family and I was afraid that coconut oil would make it too sweet. After, I added the sesame oil it became creamy and the taste of burnt almonds disappeared.

This is a perfect snack and such an easy recipe.

Calorie bust=success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment