Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shhh...it's a secret.

I know I have said this many times but really it's true...it's in the sauce.   A lot of items are made with sauce. I love all kinds of sauce, whether it's on sushi, Indian food or pasta--YUM!!

 Since I love sauces, today I have a little tip for you about sauce on pasta. An obvious one, a simple one but one that I would like to share nonetheless.

I like to add to my pre-made sauces...SHOCK!!!  OH. MY. GOODNESS. you don't make your own sauce, you {self-claimed} health food addict. Okay, yes!!  You caught me I don't always make my own sauce, sometimes I am too busy, tired {enter your own adjective} to make my own so I take the healthiest, or tastiest {and hope it's healthy enough, ha ha} and add some yuminess.   Shh..though this admit is a secret. HA!

This one below is AMAZING!!!


Source

 So, for example the other day I had some frozen {previously fresh} zucchini that I didn't want to take up space in my freezer, so I cooked the zucchini, then I pureed it and added it my pre-made sauce. An extra dose of healthy vegetable.

Another example is that I took a can of artichokes {NOT in oil, the water one} and chopped them up and heated them up in the sauce. Oh-So D-lish!!!  

Lastly, an example for you is to add the classic ground turkey or chicken to the meat {pre-cooked} and make it a meaty sauce for extra protein. Double YUM!!!


So, do share do you add yumminess to your sauces? 


Have a foodilicous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment