Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The planner I am

As most of you know {and if you didn't, you can pretend } I am a big PLANNER!  I plan almost everything in my life, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. In fact my day job is being a planner or in formal terms "Events Director"  So you can imagine that since I am a planner at work, I am a planner at home and that includes meal times.
My button. I wear it proudly!!
 A quick rundown on how I make my meal plans.
  • Each Saturday I go jot down what type of meal  I would like for a specific night. For example: Chicken, Steak ,Veggie, Turkey, Salad etc...  Since I am weight training, I ensure I get at least 2 or 3 chicken meals scheduled.
  • I have a calendar that I jot down the final recipe name and I hang it on the fridge.  
  • I scour the Internet, cookbooks and magazine cut outs for all kinds of healthy recipes (hence, I stay away from Paula Deen aka the butter queen) for the week.
  • I then make my shopping list (making sure I check inventory first) and search all the store ads for deals & sales. 

Not a science but it works for us!! 

Tell me do you usually plan your meals or wing it the day of?


No comments:

Post a Comment