Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Coconut envy and high & lows.

Yeah!! I found my SLR camera cord!! Boo!! I didn't take pictures with THAT camera for this post. But, I promised a coconut chicken post and you shall get a coconut chicken post. On Sunday you will remember I blogged about my weekend d-lish dinner which involved fun with Panko. Here is the lowdown of that dinner:

Here are some before pics of me shredding the coconut. Let me tell you this is NOT fun, NOT easy and I will NOT do this again. Did you get the theme of this, NO!!  I researched online on how to soften the coconut so that I can easily remove the meat (white part) from the shell. Yeah, okay it does NOT work.  Boil or bake, nope didn't happen.

Anyway I finally was able to get about 3 1/2 cups full of coconut shreds!!


Ignore the baby monitor in the background. That's so I can spy on my husband!! HA HA!




The recipe itself was easy to do, just labor intense. You can find the recipe here.  I also decided to add some onion rings as a side dish, which you can find that recipe here. Note: I altered these recipes a little bit to fit my health conscious needs. Wink, wink!!


Chicken coconut was d-lish!! It was flavorful and light. You can taste the coconut but it was not overwhelming. The onion rings had the same light taste and did not have that strong onion taste.
This meal was a success and I loved the fact that everything was baked not fried!!  

Tell me have you cooked or baked with coconut?  And if so, what did you make?


Have a foodilious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment