Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why did I get baked?

Happy Wednesday!! It's the middle of the week , love it!!  Most of you know my little addiction to this. And most of you know that I was on a mini-vacation last weekend. So, having said that, you absolutely know that I was looking for at least one cupcake/bakeshop to review in quest for the perfect cupcake!!

Say hello to:

Sugar Blossom Bake Shop (San Clemente, Ca)
Unfortunately, I do not have any good pictures of the cupcakes (boo picture fail) so you will have to use your imagination. Before I go into my "review" let me kind of tell you what I like looking for in a cupcake shop.

1) I like to see if they have a big enough selection. You need to be able to have a hard time deciding between your cupcakes.
2)  I also enjoy a well decorated cupcake store. Cuteness is a must!!
3) The obvious, tasty cupcakes!!

Back to Sugar blossoms. The place did not have a HUGE collection of cupcakes. (Fail # 1). The decor was semi-cute (Fail #2) and the cupcakes were so not D-lish!! (Fail #3).

Let me tell you what I chose. I only ordered 6 cupcakes, my standard is 12 but this place did not have a huge selection so I was out of luck.   The choices were: mint in chip, red velvet, carrot cake, German chocolate, vanilla and coconut.  My goodness with those simple and exotic flavors you would think that at least one would be d-lish, right?  Uh, yeah....WRONG!!  Each and every single one of them had a distinct taste of, {asking themselves} "Why did I even get baked, so not worth it"  Such a sad cupcake.  No flavor, awful after taste and some tasted old.

My quest will continue.....  have a foodilicous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment