Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gobble Gobble

I love using ground turkey in recipes. It's a lot leaner than ground beef (and I rarely eat red meat anyways). my go to dishes usually are turkey patties or ground turkey tacos, but several weeks ago I wanted to try something different. So, I was thought hmm..what can I make that is simple and is out of the norm? I quickly thought of these little guys:

Source


Also around the same time, I tweeted about this yumminess! Then I thought what a great combination, Lavash bread & turkey meatballs.  PRESTO a new healthy option for dinner!! 

Ingredients (adapted from Sparkpeople)


    Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey, 20 oz Progresso Bread Crumbs - Italian Style, 0.25 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated,  1 tbsp egg white, fresh, 2 large Garlic, 1 tsp minced onion 1 tsp red pepper flakes 1-2 tsp garlic salt (optional) pepper- to taste Oregano -to taste Cayenne peeper-to taste
Strikethrough means I omitted. since, I had some spinach that was about to go bad I decided to purree it and add it to the ground turkey. so please excuse the green coloring of the dish. Trust me, it was d-lish!!



Spinach spicy low fat Turkey meat balls with spicy hummus, lettuce bell peppers and peperocini




Do you have a favorite ground turkey recipe? Do share!! 

Have a foodilicous day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment