Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Macro what?

Yesterday, I tweeted that I was snacking on this. And now I am here to give you my review. But first let me tell you that I don't follow a MACRO diet or any diet for that matter. I just happened to be buying my protein powder at the gym and saw these on the counter, they looked interesting (okay, fine whatever, I was STARVING) and decided to give them a try. Okay, on with the review:



They had a very dry, puffed rice like texture to them.They were compacted meaning the shape of the bar and the way they put everything together was very compact ( I didn't take a picture of the bar itself, note to self always capture the goods)

It was not only looking like dry puffed rice, it tasted the same way. I had forgotten which flavor I had purchased but I was instantly reminded that it was peanut butter, so I know that at least it has a hint of flavor. The label says peanut buter chocolate chip, I tasted a small (small, small) amount of chips here and there, nothing to write to Mrs. Fields about, but at least they were true to the label.

When reading their nutrition label these are the items (not limited to) what I normaly review: 
The calories indicated 290
Calories from fat 90
and total fat grams 10g
Protein 15g
Sugars 19g

That's a lot for such a small amount of puffed rice. So, the bottom line is would I get these again. Probably not. It wasn't as flavorful & satisfying (well, it's not a snickers bar, that's for sure) as I would have liked (hoped) for 290 calories.
So, tell me what is your favorite health food bar? 



Have a foodilicious day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment